Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org> on 2012/01/30 22:46:18 UTC

[code] RFT gnucopy and COPYRECURSE

It looks like MacOSX doesn't require GNU copy, right?

Apple uses BSD copy so doing the same whould make it easy
for me to get rid of GNU copy (and the complete coreutils
in my build so looking at
solenv/inc/unitools.mk

I find the only thing done for MacOSX is set:
COPYRECURSE = -R   (vs -r for gnucopy)

In GNU copy -R is the same as -r so I don't see the need
for COPYRECURSE, I we could just use -R for everyone.

I also see some occurrences of cp -u in
instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk

This only avoids copying the files that don't need
updating so in favor of portability I guess we could
just remove the -u option.

It looks pretty simple and I tried not to be too invasive
about it but in a surprising variation to my common schedule
of breaking the build first and reverting later I offer a
patch for testers:

http://people.apache.org/~pfg/patches/patch-gnucp-freebsd

cheers,

Pedro.