Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Julian <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/03 22:31:20 UTC

Tomcat 5.5.1.7 on Windows - need help with IIS redirector2.dll

HellO.
All my servers are running windows.

I have IIS running on a seperate physical server and I'm attempting to get the redirector2.dll to direct traffic from the IIS server to the seperate physical server where Tomcat is running.  So far I have been able to get IIS to successfully (shows up with a green arrow in IIS) register the ISAPI plugin (redirector2.dll) but I have NOT been able to complete a successful request for a jsp.

I'm hoping someone can help me with the settings in the configuration files:

"workers2.properties"
"jk2.properties"

Since I am attempting to direct traffic to a seperate physical server should all the "HOST" or "Localhost" settings be edited to reflect the ip address of the remote server where Tomcat is running?

Any information would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Edward

Re: Tomcat 5.5.1.7 on Windows - need help with IIS redirector2.dll

Posted by Sreenivasulu R Gaddam <ga...@yahoo.com>.
On the IIS machine, connector is installed by default
under the directory

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta
Isapi Redirector\

Under C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\conf directory you
will find two configuration files

uriworkermap.properties
workers.properties.minimal files.

These are the files which are used by connector to
connect to the tomcat server. You are required to
modify the worker.ajp13w.host paramter in the
workers.properties.minimal file to the correct ip
address.  Look at registry entries at
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache sotware
foundation\jakarta Isapi redirector\1.0\ to make sure
that configuration files are correct.

Also required to add additional entry for the
webappname in the uriworkermap.properties file as
below.

/<webappname>/*=wlb

to work with your web app.

Sample workers.properties.minimal file.

# workers.properties.minimal -
#
# This file provides minimal jk configuration
properties needed to
# connect to Tomcat.
#
# The workers that jk should create and work with
#

worker.list=wlb,jkstatus

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13w and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to
match.
#
worker.ajp13w.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13w.host=10.10.1.3