Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/17 00:27:18 UTC

Seattle / PNW Hadoop + Lucene User Group?

Greetings,

Would anybody be willing to join a PNW Hadoop and/or Lucene User Group
with me in the Seattle area? I can donate some facilities, etc. -- I
also always have topics to speak about :)

Cheers,
Bradford

Re: Seattle / PNW Hadoop + Lucene User Group?

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, no videos this time. The conversation wasn't very structured... next
month I'll record it :)

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bhupesh Bansal <bb...@linkedin.com>.
Great Bradford,

Posted by Bhupesh Bansal <bb...@linkedin.com>.
Great Bradford,

Posted by Bhupesh Bansal <bb...@linkedin.com>.
Great Bradford,

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone!

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone!

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to try to secure a video cam for webcasting, and there'll be a
wiki :) Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Posted by Amin Mohammed-Coleman <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.
Greetings Quoi --

You don't need to do anything to 'join', just come to the monthly
meeting :) I'll be happy to put together a DL, though.

Cheers,
Bradford

Posted by Quoi Nghia Chung <qu...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Bradford,

Posted by Ben Hardy <be...@gmail.com>.
I might be in Seattle in the near future (currently in Los Angeles). When
were you thinking of having this?

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Bradford Stephens <
bradfordstephens@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses, everyone. Where shall we host? My company
> can offer space in  our building in Factoria, but it's not exactly a
> 'cool' or 'fun' place. I can also reserve a room at a local library. I
> can bring some beer and light refreshments.
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>
> wrote:
> > Same here, sadly there isn't much call for Lucene user groups in Maine.
>  It
> > would be nice though ^^
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > Amin Mohammed-Coleman wrote:
> >>
> >> I would love to come but I'm afraid I'm stuck in rainy old England :(
> >>
> >> Amin

In June 2009 I'm riding my bike 545 miles to help fight HIV. You can help!
Please donate here:
my page: http://teammidnightridazz.com/ben
or you can join me!
my team: http://tofighthiv.org/goto/midnight-ridazz

Re: Seattle / PNW Hadoop + Lucene User Group?

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@gmail.com>.
I'm interested in joining too. Let me know when and where. We can
always head down to a bar or coffee shop in seattle too.

Tushar

Posted by Tushar Jain <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lauren Cooney <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lauren Cooney <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "ristretto.rb" <ri...@gmail.com>.
Beer.... ooooh, I'm in New Zealand, so probably can't make it, but I
sounds tempting.

cheers
gene

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Bradford Stephens

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bradford Stephens <br...@gmail.com>.