Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Aviv Cohn <av...@yahoo.com> on 2015/07/03 22:10:14 UTC

Should I download the MapReduce JARs and the Crunch JARs separately?

I downloaded Crunch (the core JAR) and it seems it doesn't come with the MapReduce classes. Do I need to download the MR JARs separately?
If so, which version of MR would match the Hadoop 2 Crunch version?
Thank you!

Re: Should I download the MapReduce JARs and the Crunch JARs separately?

Posted by Josh Wills <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, you need to download the Hadoop JARs separately. Crunch is currently
developed against Hadoop 2.5.2, but any version in the Hadoop 2.x.y line
should work.

Best,
Josh