Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/02 23:45:58 UTC

Feedback from the podling report

I wanted to raise a concern that Singa has been in the incubator for over a year now and not added any committers.  Growing the community is one of the measures of maturity that Apache looks for in graduating projects from the incubator.  Are there any contributors that look like they might be ready for committership soon?  If not, do you have any thoughts on how to attract some?

Alan.

Re: Feedback from the podling report

Posted by ooibc <oo...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
On 2016-06-07 03:09, Alan Gates wrote:
> Why wait until the next release to vote on these candidates if they
> look ready now?  If you are just letting them contribute a bit longer
> so that you have a better understanding of whether they will be good
> committers that seems fine.  But I don\u2019t see how it relates to the
> release.

Sure.  We will work on it soon.

v1.0 will transform Apache SINGA into a more general machine learning
platform, before that we will proceed to release v0.4 as well.  We will
release both next month.

Recent performance studies by other academics confirm the superior
performance of SINGA against the first version of Tensorflow.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Why wait until the next release to vote on these candidates if they look ready now?  If you are just letting them contribute a bit longer so that you have a better understanding of whether they will be good committers that seems fine.  But I don’t see how it relates to the release.

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Hi Alan,

Posted by Pravin Chandrasekaran <pr...@opalcrest.com>.
Hi Alan,