Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Dave Nordlund <da...@photopoint.com> on 2001/05/23 03:09:11 UTC

entities

I'm writing an application that acts on a variety of XML input files and
produces another variety of XHTML files.

I've been using Xerces, and I have found it great, ....except for one
little problem.  Xerces attempts to resolve all the entities, such as
&quot; and &nbsp; ... I need these things to pass through the parser
unchanged.  I've dabbled a little with setting the entityResolver... I'm
not sure exactly what that does, but it only seems to get called if the
input file has a doctype tag... my input files aren't going to be having
those.  Performance is also an issue, I think having Xerces ignore
entites would be much faster than writing a few dozen DTDs for it to
have to load and reference. (I'm not sure if that would even work for
the standard entities)

So.... Is there anyway to get Xerces to simply ignore &entities; all
together?

Thanks,
    Dave