Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/01 03:42:02 UTC

Re: Skipping a version of the archetypes?

Hi Gert,

+1 for releasing archetypes 2009.02 directly with components 2009.02.

Or maybe we needn't keep same version between archetypes and
components as they are separated project now, which means we might
release archetypes 2009.01 directly with components 2009.02.

Best Regards
Freeman

On 2009-11-30, at 下午10:58, Gert Vanthienen wrote:

> L.S.,
>
> I just realized the current version of the archetypes is still
> 2009.01-SNAPSHOT -- it looks like we never released the archetypes
> after our last 3.3.1 and 4.0.0 release.  As soon as Camel 2.1 is out,
> we should be ready to go for components 2009.02 and I think it would
> make more sense to have a matching archetypes version of 2009.02 at
> that point as well.  My main question is: should we just skip the
> archetypes version 2009.01 and release 2009.02 as soon as the
> components' release is out?  Or should we go ahead now and release
> archetypes 2009.01 before we do the next release of components?
>
> I wouldn't mind doing the extra release if that's what we choose, but
> if we don't think it is a useful exercise at this time any more with
> the next version coming up soon, it might not be worth investing the
> time/effort.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gert Vanthienen
> ------------------------

Freeman Fang
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: Skipping a version of the archetypes?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Freeman,

Yeah, the only reason I would consider releasing the current 2009.01
set of archetypes would be to have a set of archetypes for working
with e.g. Camel 1.6 and CXF 2.0.x in ServiceMix 3.3.1.

I think it would probably be more consistent if the archetypes version
would be bumped to 2009.02 as well when we release that version of the
components (next week, when Camel 2.1 is out) to avoid even more
confusion with the different versions we use in our subprojects.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen