Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by gcollins <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 18:32:30 UTC

Re: Retrieving The List Of Permissions (Or Roles) For A User

Hello Jared,

Thank you very much for the very detailed response!

It isn't really a cache but more a "profile". These resources are installed
locally on the users computer. The user can then interact with these
resources.

Your solution makes sense...but given the complete problem I am trying to
solve, it won't be terribly "clean". In this UserDao, I would still need to
handle the mappings from principal -> group -> role -> permission which
would replicate the Realm implementation. I wouldn't want the application
itself to call "getAssignedResources(String user)", I would want the
application to just call "getAssignedResources()", not having to know what
the original principals were (which suggests I get the UserDao or
ResourceCacher from the Subject).

Anyway, thank you very much again from the very detailed response. I guess I
need to think about this a little more.

regards,
Gareth

RE: Retrieving The List Of Permissions (Or Roles) For A User

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
I have had good luck wish shiro.
the docs could be better but thats with everything
I use the tapestry extension ... tynamo-security
shiro is kinda like a shell... you have to tell it what to model...and it does the rest.

i am happy to tell of my experience... positive one.

- cheers

KEN

Re: Retrieving The List Of Permissions (Or Roles) For A User

Posted by mgiammarco <mg...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem (I need to know permissions of a user
because I need to put them in a dynamic menu list). I would like to know if
there are news regarding this thread.

I would like to add my 2cents: in my opinions is shiro framework that should
provide a way to get the complete list of permissions. Infact shiro can
authenticate using ldap/db/ad/text file/and others.
It is not pratical to replicate in my code a sql/ldap/ad/others query to get
what shiro already knows, it is not object oriented programming and/or it
does not respect DRY pattern.

If there is a developer thread I will post there to ask for this feature.

Thanks,
Mario