Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tarek Nabil <Ta...@dubaiworld.ae> on 2006/12/01 12:36:11 UTC

RE: Parameters not being set on Action in Struts 2

Thanks Ted.

This is getting interesting. I was really surprised that it worked for you, I couldn't even wait til the weekend is over. On my extremely slow laptop at home, I went and downloaded Tomcat 5.5.20 and Struts 2.0.1, and tried it. Surprisingly, it DOES work!

I've been trying this from the very first day inside JDeveloper. Just to eliminate the probability that it might be the embedded OC4J that has the problem, I installed the application on a standalone OC4J and I found that it exhibits the same behavior as the OC4J embedded inside JDeveloper. So, I guess that means one of two things:
1- This is a bug with OC4J (more likely)
2- The code uses some non-standard feature that is not supported by OC4J (very unlikely)

Since Oracle AS 10g is our target platform, this could be a show stopper for us. It would simply mean that if this issue can not be resolved then we can not move to WW/Struts 2.

I'm open to any suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this issue.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 12/1/06, Tarek Nabil <Ta...@dubaiworld.ae> wrote:
> I'm open to any suggestions on how to get to the bottom of this issue.

Maybe it's this

* http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?messageID=94747&#94747

The sample was testing GET but not POST.

-Ted.