Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2013/02/05 15:47:54 UTC

License.txt in the Examples project?

The Examples project has a License.txt file.

I'm not sure what the purpose is.  Maybe the thinking is that it is required,
because there's some intent to "release" this somehow has an independent
distributable entity.

If it is required, then a notice file is too, I think.

======================

A more basic question: what is the plan for making the Examples projects
available for distribution?

I don't think it's proper to ask the general public to fetch things from SVN;
things that are part of releases have to go in one or both of the 2 release
spots: the Apache mirror system, and/or Maven Central for Maven artifacts.

-Marshall

Re: Suggestion to add a binary zip/tar distributable

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
On 05.02.2013 16:16, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I think there is no binary distribution zip/tar for textmarker?  I think it
> might be wanted - for users who want to download the engine (which is a UIMA
> Annotator), the example project, and maybe some other things.  This would let
> them assemble an application which included running TextMarker, without relying
> on Maven and/or Eclipse.
>
> We do this with most of our addons projects, as well as with our main uimaj,
> uima-as, uima-cpp components.
>
> There's a pre-configured build setup that the addons use, which you could
> probably reuse, and share much of the configuration for doing this already in
> the uima-wide parent-pom.

I will prepare something for the next RC.

Peter

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.