Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2009/05/29 17:08:58 UTC

Re: Anemic domain model and are @SpringBean's compatible with the solution in

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Daniel Toffetti <dt...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>    Out of curiosity, does the practice of building medium to
> complex queries and mixed batches of updates and deletes within
> stores procedures, for optimum DB performance, has been completely
> deprecated ???

I personally hate putting stuff in the database, because it just leads
to troubles, based on my experience.  It's harder to unit test your
code if too much stuff is in the database.  I like to use in-memory
(HSQLDB) databases during unit tests and you can't rely on those
stored procedures being around during your unit test.  Also, in some
organizations, DBAs maintain very tight control over things like
stored procedures in their databases.  It can become a bottleneck.