Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Swanson, Brion" <Br...@westgroup.com> on 2001/04/09 17:21:15 UTC

Help with namespace error in importNode()

I know this is a problem that has already been brought up time and again,
but I need to know if there's an easy way around this problem.

I've got an attribute called 'm:id' and the 'm' namespace is mapped to a
url.  Because of this attribute, when I attempt to do an importNode() on
it's owner document, I get the "DOM003 Namespace error" exception:

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: DOM003 Namespace error
        at org.apache.xerces.dom.AttrNSImpl.<init>(AttrNSImpl.java:127)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.createAttributeNS(DocumentImpl.java:1187)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode(DocumentImpl.java:861)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode(DocumentImpl.java:828)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode(DocumentImpl.java:992)
        at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode(DocumentImpl.java:770)
        at
com.westgroup.xpo.framework.Template.generateTemplate(Template.java:61)
        at
com.westgroup.xpo.framework.DOMSplitter.splitDocuments(DOMSplitter.java:72)
        at
com.westgroup.xpo.framework.XPODriver.runTransformation(XPODriver.java:119)
        at com.westgroup.xpo.framework.XPODriver.run(XPODriver.java:56)
        at com.westgroup.xpo.framework.XPODriver.main(XPODriver.java:142)

I really need a fix for this because it's not an option to change all my
attributes to names that don't have the 'm:' prefix (since the data is
coming in to me, and I simply have to parse it and make smaller documents
out of the original large document).

Thank you for any help.

Brion Swanson

--------------
Brion Swanson
Software Engineer (Co-op)
West Group - Content Transformation (I3)
Brion.Swanson@westgroup.com <ma...@westgroup.comSoftware>
(716) 327-6164  <mailto:(716) 327-6164Brion.Swanson@westgroup.com>

Re: Help with namespace error in importNode()

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
"Swanson, Brion" wrote:

> I know this is a problem that has already been brought up time and again,
> but I need to know if there's an easy way around this problem.
>
> I've got an attribute called 'm:id' and the 'm' namespace is mapped to a
> url.  Because of this attribute, when I attempt to do an importNode() on
> it's owner document, I get the "DOM003 Namespace error" exception:

It would help if you'd specify which version you are using but anyway
two solutions:

1) turn off deferred-dom
2) upgrade!
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group