Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> on 2005/11/14 19:25:51 UTC

board report for HTTP server project

Much to my surprise, I apparently have a board report due yesterday
for this Wednesday's board meeting.  Do we have any ASF issues that
need reporting to the board, aside from what is in STATUS*?
Any choice commentary?  Does anyone else feel like we have too many
dev lists for one project?

....Roy

Re: board report for HTTP server project

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Roy T.Fielding wrote:
> Much to my surprise, I apparently have a board report due yesterday
> for this Wednesday's board meeting.  Do we have any ASF issues that
> need reporting to the board, aside from what is in STATUS*?
> Any choice commentary?  Does anyone else feel like we have too many
> dev lists for one project?

httpd prepares to release 2.2, many developers are itching
for a pre-ApacheCon candidate, with a formal release announcement
at the Opening Plenary of the con.  At least, that's the desire
that a few of the primary contributors have expressed, as the Hackathon
is a golden opportunity to dot the i's and cross the t's.  Showstoppers
continue to shrink.

httpd-docs continues to attract new translators, and new languages.
Much work is afoot to prepare for httpd 2.2.

cli-dev subproject has little to report, except that user-to-user peer
support is working well on cli-users, and the next potential snapshot
is awaiting some commentary and feedback from the dev list.  With a few
more nags, we anticipate a new mod_aspdotnet release for .NET 1.0/1.1
within the next month, and with the release of the '1 year free' Microsoft
Visual C++, hope to have a .NET 2.0 flavor of the module in development
around that timeframe that most anyone can build from source.

Bill

Re: board report for HTTP server project

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
"Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com> writes:

> Do we have any ASF issues that need reporting to the board,

Nothing new to report wrt apreq.
--
Joe Schaefer

Re: board report for HTTP server project

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
On the mod_python side we got a 3.2.2 beta out and will try to get 3.2.?
final done before Apachecon (hopefully). The last release (not counting
security fix ones) was 20 months ago, so this is pretty significant.

Grisha

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.