Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 18:57:18 UTC

Archetype selection

I'm creating an archetype for a rather large web application architecture.
This architecture contains various technologies.  It would be very useful if
e.g. one archetype could be created and after the archetype:create command
was issued, the user could be prompted to provide a selection.

Is this possible? And if a selection was given, could the content of the
archetype coming from the repository be controlled by the archetype
developer?

Thanks,

David

Re: Archetype selection

Posted by David Whitehurst <dl...@gmail.com>.
Wendy:

This is funny you recommended AppFuse.  I just became one of the developers
there today and I've been in discussion with Matt Raible tonight about just
using the archetype to start the AppFuse structure and then bringing in the
dependent pieces by configuring your POM afterward.

Thanks for the reply,

David

Re: Archetype selection

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.