Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2009/03/12 01:29:54 UTC

ANN: hbase-0.19.1 release candidate 1

I've posted a release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.19.1-candidate-1/

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.19.1?

Please take it for a test spin if you have a chance.  Vote closes Monday,
the 16th of March.

Here is the list of issues addressed: http://tinyurl.com/c3em9m

Yours,
St.Ack*
*

RE: hbase-0.19.1 release candidate 1

Posted by "Jim Kellerman (POWERSET)" <Ji...@microsoft.com>.
+1, downloaded, reviewed docs verified md5 and asc

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.1 release candidate 1

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I agree that our not working with Cascading is sufficient cause to sink the
release.

Going back over commit logs,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1240 was incompletely applied.
The compareTo went in but the earlier addition of the RowResult implements
Comparable failed to apply .

My fault for not noticing the misapplication.  Let me put up a new candidate
soon.

Thanks Erik,
St.Ack

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.
-1 on the candidate since not all the patches went in.

Regards Erik

Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.1 release candidate 1

Posted by Erik Holstad <er...@gmail.com>.
Hey Stack!
Downloaded and tried to use it with Cascading, but it seems like HBASE-1240
and HBASE-1221 didn't
quite make it, or is it just me?

Regards Erik

Re: ANN: hbase-0.19.1 release candidate 1

Posted by famu <qh...@gmail.com>.
oh yeah!!!