Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by vivek <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/09 13:02:07 UTC

start activemq sever on linux

please read the below console output. I didn't found  solution.

 sudo activemq start

INFO: Loading '/usr/share/activemq/activemq-options'

INFO: Using java '/usr/bin/java'

INFO: Starting - inspect logfiles specified in logging.properties and
log4j.properties to get details

INFO: changing to user 'activemq' to invoke java

mkdir: missing operand

Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
-su: line 2: /var/run/activemq.pid: Permission denied
INFO: pidfile created : '/var/run/activemq.pid' (pid '9741')

Re: start activemq sever on linux

Posted by Marc Schöchlin <ms...@256bit.org>.
Hello Vivek,

this is strange :-)

Please provide me me the output of the file /tmp/detailed-debugging.log
create by the following procedure:

sudo bash
export PS4=' ${BASH_SOURCE}:${LINENO}(${FUNCNAME[0]}) '
bash -x activemq <argument> 2>&1 |tee /tmp/detailed-debugging.log

Best regards,
Marc Schoechlin

Am 09.07.2015 um 13:02 schrieb vivek:
> please read the below console output. I didn't found  solution.
>
>  sudo activemq start
>
> INFO: Loading '/usr/share/activemq/activemq-options'
>
> INFO: Using java '/usr/bin/java'
>
> INFO: Starting - inspect logfiles specified in logging.properties and
> log4j.properties to get details
>
> INFO: changing to user 'activemq' to invoke java
>
> mkdir: missing operand
>
> Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
> -su: line 2: /var/run/activemq.pid: Permission denied
> INFO: pidfile created : '/var/run/activemq.pid' (pid '9741')

GPG encryption available: 0x670DCBEC/pool.sks-keyservers.net
(https://www.256bit.org/keys/mschoechlin.pub.asc)