Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andy Bay <AB...@avineon.com> on 2009/01/30 17:21:02 UTC

Undoing _Type# class suffixes?

Is there a way to either provide an alternate name to avoid class name collisions that result in _Type# from being appended to the class name?  I've been looking all over the place for help on this, but I can't even find the right keywords for this feature.  Due to the way we are writing our web services, we have many "Collection" and "Item" classes which result in large numbered _Type# classes.  It would be more convenient if we could provide a hint somewhere to have it named something more representative of which Collection or Item it is.  I would love an option to prefix the parent type name instead of adding a numeric suffix.

Thanks,
Andy Bay
(571) 275-5109
ABay@Avineon.com

"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a
simple system that works." -John Gaule