Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/02 21:07:29 UTC

Ripple CLI & NPM Package

Hey All,

This is meant to keep everyone in the loop now that we have a mailing list
here on ASF. :-)

We have created a CLI for Ripple, as well as moved its cross origin
XMLHttpRequest proxy into the repository, ultimately starting a CLI based
workflow for the project. This was done prior to the mailing list existing.

See thread here -> http://markmail.org/message/zngyuhxgihjjzgsw

As per the thread, the main commit(s) for this are below:

https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/commit/3683776a5c3e0c4cb971febb963462674c184088
https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/commit/2e22193d670841003bf538a9782be98693fa5772

The README is also updated with what this new code means:

https://github.com/blackberry/Ripple-UI/tree/next#cli--npm-package

NPM Package:

We would like to release this to http://npmjs.org under a `ripple-cli` name
(`ripple` is taken :-(). But, we are not sure about any ASF processes for
such a thing, and if this sort of thing needs to be done outside of ASF?
Any input would be greatly appreciated (still figuring out how this will
all work)! :-)

--
Brent

Re: Ripple CLI & NPM Package

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> This is meant to keep everyone in the loop now that we have a mailing list
> here on ASF. :-)
>
> Thanks! :-)

> We would like to release this to http://npmjs.org under a `ripple-cli`
> name
> (`ripple` is taken :-(). But, we are not sure about any ASF processes for
> such a thing, and if this sort of thing needs to be done outside of ASF?
> Any input would be greatly appreciated (still figuring out how this will
> all work)! :-)

Usually only releases made available on Apache is an official release. So
you should first aim to make a release here which is already difficult
enough. That said, to my knowledge it is no problem to share the package
outside ASF until everybody can see this is not an official Apache channel.
Of course people can know that the outside channel is maintained by one or
many committers of the project.

Cheers
Christian

--