Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hickerson, David A" <da...@boeing.com> on 2011/03/10 18:28:22 UTC

wiki expansion

Hi,

I am thinking that as I am figuring out thing in Qpid that it would be useful to document them in the wiki. As a newbie, I think that my perspective of the API would be different than that of a seasoned Qpid user or developer. I am seeing some things that are confusing and as I ask the questions and get answers, I can put that on the wiki, and anyone else that figures something out, too.

What do you think?

Dave

David Hickerson                                                             david.a.hickerson@boeing.com<ma...@boeing.com>
Senior Engineer                                                              phone: 719-235-3265
Mission Operations
The Boeing Company
1330 Inverness Dr., Suite 330
Colorado Springs, CO 80910

Re: wiki expansion

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/10/2011 06:05 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>> I am thinking that as I am figuring out thing in Qpid that it
>> would be useful to document them in the wiki. As a newbie, I
>> think that my perspective of the API would be different than
>> that of a seasoned Qpid user or developer.
>
> Right, and that's a perspective we really need.
>
>> I am seeing some
>> things that are confusing and as I ask the questions and get
>> answers, I can put that on the wiki, and anyone else that
>> figures something out, too.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Great idea! I think a good way to approach this would be for you to open
> JIRAs for significant items you see lacking or improveable
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/qpid). I think a lot of the
> improvement will end up going into the API documentation or the
> "Programming Qpid" book. Having the changes come through JIRA ensures
> that:
> 1. They get tracked and resolved
> 2. Any IP issues with your contributions are handled correctly

Yes, I second that. It is always great to get feedback and a fresh
perspective.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: wiki expansion

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi David,

> I am thinking that as I am figuring out thing in Qpid that it
> would be useful to document them in the wiki. As a newbie, I
> think that my perspective of the API would be different than
> that of a seasoned Qpid user or developer.

Right, and that's a perspective we really need.

> I am seeing some
> things that are confusing and as I ask the questions and get
> answers, I can put that on the wiki, and anyone else that
> figures something out, too.
>
> What do you think?

Great idea! I think a good way to approach this would be for you to open
JIRAs for significant items you see lacking or improveable
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/qpid). I think a lot of the
improvement will end up going into the API documentation or the
"Programming Qpid" book. Having the changes come through JIRA ensures
that:
1. They get tracked and resolved
2. Any IP issues with your contributions are handled correctly

Thanks!
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org