Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Emilio Coppa <er...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/28 17:58:40 UTC

Hadoop documentation: control flow and FSM diagrams

Hi All,

I have created a wiki on github:

https://github.com/ercoppa/HadoopDiagrams/wiki

This is an effort to provide an updated documentation of how the internals
of Hadoop work.  The main idea is to help the user understand the "big
picture" without removing too much internal details. You can find several
diagrams (e.g. Finite State Machine and control flow). They are based on
Hadoop 2.3.0.

Notice that:

- they are not specified in any formal language (e.g., UML) but they should
easy to understand (Do you agree?)
- they cover only some aspects of Hadoop but I am improving them day after
day
- they are not always correct but I am trying to fix errors,
remove ambiguities, etc

I hope this can be helpful to somebody out there. Any feedback from you may
be valuable for me.

Emilio.

Re: Hadoop documentation: control flow and FSM diagrams

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.
Very helpful indeed Emillio, thanks!

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hardik Pandya <sm...@gmail.com>.