Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Nan Zhu <zh...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 22:21:27 UTC

manage bandwidth resource in YARN

Hi, all

I would like to know if YARN supports to manage bandwidth resource for
containers, like minimum bandwidth guarantee?

maybe not in the trunk but is there any under-review patch?

I searched but returned nothing,

Can anyone give some hints?

Best,

Nan

Re: manage bandwidth resource in YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Do you speak of the MR ShuffleHandler or something just more generic?

I am not aware of such a feature or a JIRA for it yet. We do have
support for CPU/Memory resource management, but not Network yet - so
there's nothing controlling what a Container does w.r.t. network
directly today.

Please do file a detailed YARN JIRA for your request.

--
Harsh J

Re: manage bandwidth resource in YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.