Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Josh Narins <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2006/08/23 05:41:19 UTC

I swear, [idiots unsubscribe help request]

I never get a response.

I try, and try, and try again.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Sorry, that's just hotmail making you feel like an idiot, they stopped
forwarding unsubscribe requests.

We've unsub'bed you, sorry bout the confusion.

Bill

Re: I swear, [idiots unsubscribe help request]

Posted by Peter Farmer <pe...@zveno.com>.
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 11:51 am, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> Josh Narins wrote:

> You missed the 'p'.  However, thats not your problem. HOTMAIL is eating
> the reply message! And to top it all of it does it SILENTLY!
>
> Get a real ISP to host your mail or yell at them, we can do nothing
> about.

From past experience the problem is usually caused by the default brain dead
spam filter configuration on hotmail accounts. It silently decides
mailinglist sub/unsub reply's are SPAM and drops them. The failure rate of
hotmail subs/unsubs on the lists I manage are _much_ greater than any other
ISP. Try reconfiguring or disabling your SPAM filtering and you might find
that ML (un)subs in generally go better for you ... though I agree with
Philip - getting a real ISP to handle you email would be even better !

Regards
Peter Farmer

Re: I swear, [idiots unsubscribe help request]

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <mo...@2xlp.com>.
On Aug 22, 2006, at 11:51 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> Josh Narins wrote:
>
> You missed the 'p'.

ha ha ha ha ha

Re: I swear, [idiots unsubscribe help request]

Posted by Danny Brian <da...@brians.org>.
> P.P.S
>   You might try being nicer to volunteers you are trying to help
> you and not call them idiots.

I suspect the subject was meant to be read, "idiot's unsubscribe help
request", and not, "help me unsubscribe, idiots!"

- Danny

Re: I swear, [idiots unsubscribe help request]

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Josh Narins wrote:

You missed the 'p'.  However, thats not your problem. HOTMAIL is eating the reply message! And to
top it all of it does it SILENTLY!

Get a real ISP to host your mail or yell at them, we can do nothing about.

P.S.
  I'll see if we can get you manually removed.

P.P.S
  You might try being nicer to volunteers you are trying to help you and not call them idiots.

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
       <___/