Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/10/29 00:44:14 UTC

genxviews and xbuildgen scripts

I've checked in a new script called genxviews and a few changes to
the xbuildgen script that work together to produce a cross-build
view into stdcxx build results on trunk for all UNIX platforms.
I have a cron job set up on people.apache.org to run both scripts
at 8AM GMT. They generate the following pages:

   http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/builds

I'm looking for a volunteer to update the genxviews script to add
Windows results.

Some additional bug fixes and enhancements that I think would be
helpful:

  *  replace the column numbers with build types on the detailed
     cross-build result pages to make each column easier to
     associate with its build type

  *  fix the bug that prevents the totals from being displayed on
     the detailed cross-build result pages

  *  fix the bug that causes black cells to be appended instead
     of inserted for builds missing a component (example, test,
     or locale)

  *  add a summary for each platform to the builds page including
     the total number of failed examples, tests, and locales

  *  add tracking of build times and object file sizes (as well as
     library sizes) and their trends

  *  add regression (and improvement) tracking to the detailed cross
     build result pages by changing the scripts to comparing the two
     most recent build logs

Martin

Re: genxviews and xbuildgen scripts

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
This change add all Windows results:

Let me know if you notice any problems.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
FYI: I've implemented a number of enhancements to the scripts to
let us more easily keep track of and compare some interesting data
across multiple builds:

 *  the size of the library
 *  the size of the build directory at the end of the build but before
    invoking the clean target
 *  the size of the build directory at the end of the build after running
    the clean target
 *  the number of error messages found in the log (lines that match
    the word "error" in a case insensitive comparison)
 *  the number of warning messages (lines that match the word
    "warning" in a case insensitive comparison)

I also added build type info to the headers of columns in the
component tables (i.e., examples, tests, and locales)