Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Bo Shi <bs...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/28 05:43:15 UTC

mapred: avro data file input to text-based csv output

Hey all,

I've seen an example of taking a plain text file as an input to an
AvroJob (using AvroUtf8InputFormat) but I haven't found anything about
taking an Avro data file as input and producing a text-based file
(CSV, say).  Any hints here?

Thanks,
Bo

Re: mapred: avro data file input to text-based csv output

Posted by Joe Crobak <jo...@gmail.com>.
We use Pig and AvroStorage [1] to do this.  It's a very small pig script,
something like:

register piggybank.jar
define AvroStorage o.a.p.pb.AvroStorage()
data = LOAD '$INFILE' using AvroStorage;
store data into '$OUTPUT' using PigStorage(',');

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1748