Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Moore, Gavin" <ga...@iona.com> on 2003/05/13 16:41:19 UTC

Xalan Extensions - Endorsed Override

Hi,
I'm trying to get some extensions working with Xalan and JDK1.4, and it isn't working for me.  I'm using one of the samples, 3-java-namespace, and I get the message below:

D:\xalan_2_5\xalan-j_2_5_0\samples\extensions>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in 3-java-namespace.xml  -xsl 3-java-n
amespace.xsl

file:///D:/xalan_2_5/xalan-j_2_5_0/samples/extensions/3-java-namespace.xsl; Line #18; Column #60; XSLT Error (javax.xml.
transform.TransformerException): javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: IntDate

I looked up the error and found that it should be solved by adding xalan.jar, xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.jar to the "endorsed" directory in the the lib directory of JAVA_HOME of the JRE.  Incidentally, I had to create the endorsed directory.  After I added the jar files, it appears to be looking for the correct version of Xalan, as I checked it with org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck and got the file attached, which shows the before and after adding the files.  However, I still get the same error when I try to process the xml.  Does anyone have any other way to do this?  I've also tried the Xbootclasspath option mentioned at http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB, but with similar lack of success.

Thanks,
Gavin.