Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2003/09/26 16:46:16 UTC

[OT] multiproject with xdoclet/ejb-refs

Hey all,
Interesting puzzle, hopefully someone can help me understand.

I have entity beans that are 'generic' entity beans that are used by several processes, or Session beans.  Now these entity and session beans will be running within the same application server and the same JVM.  But, the entity and the sessions are created in different projects/modules (aka three different projects may talk to a 'REFERENCE' entity bean).

But, when I'm trying to add ejb-ref's into the Session bean, such as:
 * @ejb.ejb-ref
 *      ejb-name="MyEntity1"
 *      view-type="local"
 *      ref-name="com.mytest.MyEntity1LocalHome"

I get the "No such EJB defined" as they are compiled under seperate modules/projects.  When the entity and the session are combined under the same project/module and compiled together there are no issues.

Any ideas please?  I want to avoid creating a monolothic type of project, but still have best performance possible...

-D

RE: [OT] multiproject with xdoclet/ejb-refs

Posted by Michal Maczka <mm...@interia.pl>.

That's caused by certain limitation of XDoclet and I am afraid there is not
much you can do about it.
XDoclet needs to scan java sources in order to suck metadata from there.
Even when XDoclet will see sources of missing Beans it will add
configuration settings of those beans to ejb-jar.xml file of your component.
This is probably not what you want.

Michal