Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Joseph Dane <jd...@hawaii.edu> on 2005/04/05 03:58:30 UTC

can doc/lit content used prefixed names?

I notice that Axis generates messages which look like

 <Request xmlns="http://foo.com">
   <RequestChild1> ... </RequestChild1>
   <RequestChild2> ... </RequestChild2>
 </Request>

but it also seems happy consuming messages with explicit namespace
prefixes, as in:

 <ns:Request xmlns:ns="http://foo.com">
   <ns:RequestChild1> ... </ns:RequestChild1>
   <ns:RequestChild2> ... </ns:RequestChild2>
 </ns:Request>

Are there any rules governing the use of prefixed QNames in doc/lit
messages?  Is the second message above as legal as the first?

I wasn't able to find anything in any of the various Recommendations,
and the WS-I compliance tool didn't have any complaints, but I wonder
if there's something I'm overlooking which mandates unprefixed names.

--

joe

Re: can doc/lit content used prefixed names?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Both are equally valid.

Anne