Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Viral_Thakkar <Vi...@infosys.com> on 2004/03/10 16:22:39 UTC

Varying Performance for different windows users

Hi all,

We have a J2EE application build using struts, EJB and oracle as database.

This is behaving strange. When X user logs into windows machine and access the application, performance measures are different when user Y logs into the same windows machine.

Could anyone please help me to solve this problem?

Regards,
Viral

RE: Varying Performance for different windows users

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
Viral -- there are a lot of conditions that could result in different
performance numbers.  If the difference is in an order of magnitude and the
load is about the same between the two different user accesses then you may
want to look at the underlying data.  Maybe a lot of data is being pulled in
for the second user.  Maybe tables aren't indexed appropriately.  Also, keep
in mind that the first time you access JSP pages they must be compiled -- in
addition, no data is being cached -- therefore, performance will be slow for
the first user that hits a JSP page.

Bill Siggelkow
billsigg@bellsouth.net