Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tom Holmes Jr." <to...@mediaone.net> on 2001/06/21 22:26:43 UTC

JDBC/JNDI DataSource

I looked through the archives first, so I think this question has been answered before.

Does Tomcat support JDBC/JNDI DataSources and/or Connection Pooling?   I heard a rumor that Tomcat 4.x is supposed to have support for this, but how long has it been out for, and is Tomcat 4.x stable?

Currently, I am using Orion as my App Server and I love it.  It's small, convenient, can be easily moved around, and supports JNDI/JDBC Datasources.   It's free to developers, but $1500 per Server for Commercial use.

On two projects that I may be on, they are thinking about going to Tomcat 3.2.x.  I really don't know that much about this server except that it's Open Source, can tie in with a few different web-servers (Apache, IIS, etc.), and that it can execute JSP, Servlets, and JavaBeans, but not EJB's ... is that correct?

So, I didn't know if it would be worth it to test out Tomcat, or stick with my Orion for now.

Thanks for any help.

                     Tom