Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2005/09/13 01:57:59 UTC

Validation block finished (Was: Re: svn commit: r280450 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/validation: conf/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/impl/ java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/ samples/)

On 13 Sep 2005, at 00:48, pier@apache.org wrote:

> Author: pier
> Date: Mon Sep 12 16:48:31 2005
> New Revision: 280450

> Log:
> Implemented ValidationReportTransformer producing a report of the
> validation.
> Updated samples to show output of validation report.

This finishes the "validation" block and its implementation. It
provides two transformers: one filtering in-line and failing on
errors, and one producing a report.

Relax-NG is implemented using Jing.

XML-Schema is implemented using the JAXP API supplied with Cocoon
(Gianugo, you can write your little Schematron factory and contribute
it here, riiiight? :-)

DTD is currently not supported, although it would be trivial to do it
with the Xerces supplied with Cocoon.

MSV can't be enabled (I have a schema parser, but we have lincensing
problems). One day, when I get some time to write some mock classes,
I might contribute it (for now, xmlschema and relax - i think - are
enough).

Will the people interested in validation (read Gianugo and Andreas)
take a look at the API and tell me if there's something else they
need???

If I don't hear from you, I'll finish up the Daisy-based
documentation and mark the block as "stable" (as we're not going to
expect API changes).

There might be some bugs (as always with my code), but as I need to
use those in production, if one comes along, I'll be likely to be the
first one to spot it... As far as I can see, for now, everything works.

     Pier

Re: Validation block finished (Was: Re: svn commit: r280450 - in /cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/blocks/validation: conf/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/ java/org/apache/cocoon/components/validation/impl/ java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/ samples/)

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 13 Sep 2005, at 02:14, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> On 13 Sep 2005, at 00:48, pier@apache.org wrote:
>> There might be some bugs (as always with my code), but as I need
>> to  use those in production, if one comes along, I'll be likely to
>> be the  first one to spot it... As far as I can see, for now,
>> everything works.
>
> Can you please make up your mind, is it DEBUG or WARN??? In several
> places:
>
> > +     if (this.logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
> > +         this.logger.warn("...");
> > +     }
>
> :-P

Twice, only twice! :-D

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 13 Sep 2005, at 00:48, pier@apache.org wrote:
>
> There might be some bugs (as always with my code), but as I need to  use
> those in production, if one comes along, I'll be likely to be the  first
> one to spot it... As far as I can see, for now, everything works.

Can you please make up your mind, is it DEBUG or WARN??? In several places:

 > +     if (this.logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
 > +         this.logger.warn("...");
 > +     }

:-P

Vadim