Posted to users@flex.apache.org by pctechtv <ch...@pctechtv.com> on 2015/11/07 09:06:07 UTC

Using Flash CC 2015 assets in Flex

Hi, I am trying to follow this tutorial to learn how to use Flash animations
in Flex projects. I am using Flash Builder 4.6 and Flash Professional CC
2105. I come to a part in the tutorial where they tell you to use Command ->
Convert Symbol To Flex Component, this is no longer in the menu. So I have
looked for a work around but have not found anything. When I try exporting
just a SWC file the file compared with the finished project is not even
close. I have posted a screen shot  here
<http://pctechtv.com/forumpic/nibFlex/BCcatxml.png>   if anybody wants to
take a look (note: this is the catalog.xml file of the extracted SWC). Does
anybody know of a work-around for this? If you read more in the document, it
says you should have a FlexComponentBase in the Library of Flash
Professional before exporting the SWC. It seems that this would be generated
for you when you use the command above. I choose Get more commands from the
menu, but will not work. It sends me to download a I tried to download this
from  here <http://offers.adobe.com/en/na/leap/offers/flex_skins.html>   but
it keeps telling me that I can't install because I need Flash 10 or greater,
this is silly because I am using Flash version 19. Is there any work around
for this? Thanks

Re: Using Flash CC 2015 assets in Flex

Posted by pctechtv <ch...@pctechtv.com>.
forgot to add link to tutorial.  Here
<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/animation_flash_fbuilder.html>
it is.

Re: Using Flash CC 2015 assets in Flex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Apache Flex releases should contain a FlexComponentKit.mxp file.  I don’t
know if Flash CC 2015 will accept it or not.

-Alex