Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jim Pinkham <pi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/17 23:29:15 UTC

JasperReport viewing options for wicket 1.5

I found this tantalizingly close msg:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@wicket.apache.org/msg55375.html

Sounds like about what I'd need; except I've moved on to wicket 1.5.

I don't need any pagination or other bells & whistles - just a simple way to
deliver dynamically generated pdf reports.  (Although Excel ouput might be
nice too)

I think I'd do links with report name and other named parameters in the URL,
then have my app declare a shared resource mounted at \reports.

I was hoping someone has already done this and I could learn (or shamelessly
copy) from it.  ;)

I could not find any version of org.wicketstuff jasperreports > 1.4.x

I did find jasperreports-maven-plugin and so it's compiling .jrxml into
.jasper at build time just fine.

Could someone kindly point me in the right direction with a brief example
perhaps?

Thanks,
-- Jim.

RE: JasperReport viewing options for wicket 1.5

Posted by John Owen <jo...@globalscape.com>.
At this point you're in the realm of JasperReports. Admittedly, their user forums suck in comparison to Wicket, but you may find your answer about the Excel issue there or on the POI user list (if it exists).

Posted by Jim Pinkham <pi...@gmail.com>.

                {
                    JRAbstractExporter exporterXLS = new JRHtmlExporter();

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsAbstractExporterParameter.IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET,
Boolean.TRUE);

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsAbstractExporterParameter.IS_DETECT_CELL_TYPE,
Boolean.TRUE);

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsAbstractExporterParameter.IS_WHITE_PAGE_BACKGROUND,
Boolean.TRUE);

exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsAbstractExporterParameter.IS_REMOVE_EMPTY_SPACE_BETWEEN_ROWS,
Boolean.TRUE);
                    return exporterXLS;
                }
            };