Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by dg...@apache.org on 1999/03/16 17:50:40 UTC

Re: os-linux/3312: Children die. Parent stops serving requests

Synopsis: Children die. Parent stops serving requests

Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
Comment-Added-When: Tue Mar 16 08:50:39 PST 1999
Comment-Added:
Is this problem still happenning with more recent redhat/glibc?

If so, can you strace the parent when the problem occurs?

strace -p pid_of_parent

Dean
Category-Changed-From-To: general-os-linux
Category-Changed-By: dgaudet
Category-Changed-When: Tue Mar 16 08:50:39 PST 1999

Re: os-linux/3312: Children die. Parent stops serving requests

Posted by Ole Tange <ta...@tange.dk>.
On 16 Mar 1999 dgaudet@apache.org wrote:

> Synopsis: Children die. Parent stops serving requests
>
> Comment-Added-By: dgaudet
> Comment-Added-When: Tue Mar 16 08:50:39 PST 1999
> Comment-Added:
> Is this problem still happenning with more recent redhat/glibc?

I "solved" the problem by restarting apache every now and then.

> If so, can you strace the parent when the problem occurs?
>
> strace -p pid_of_parent

I made this Oct 30th, so the strace is pretty old:
http://ole.tange.dk/children-dies.tgz

/Ole