Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by mt...@surrene.com on 2007/12/31 02:55:36 UTC

build

Hi,

I am trying to build Xerces from the source and am getting these errors
when I try to run runConfigure:

$ ./runConfigure -p cygwin -c gcc -x g++
./runConfigure: line 22: $'\r': command not found
./runConfigure: line 43: $'\r': command not found
./runConfigure: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
'/runConfigure: line 44: `usage()

I am using:
Xerces-C++ version:  2.8.0
platform:  cygwin
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
compiler:  GCC/G++ version 3.4.4

So, I run cygwin, and browse to the directory that contains runConfigure
(cygdrive/c/dev/eclipse/xerces
-c-src_2_8_0/src/xercesc) and type the first line above, and it spits
back the next 4 lines of errors.  I'm sure Im missing something, but I
didnt see any steps that I've missed in the build instructions for
cygwin/unix, nor did I see anything in the FAQ.

-Walker

Re: build

Posted by Dale Worley <dw...@pingtel.com>.
On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 18:55 -0700, mtworld@surrene.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build Xerces from the source and am getting these errors
> when I try to run runConfigure:
>
> $ ./runConfigure -p cygwin -c gcc -x g++
> ./runConfigure: line 22: $'\r': command not found
> ./runConfigure: line 43: $'\r': command not found
> ./runConfigure: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
> '/runConfigure: line 44: `usage()
>
> I am using:
> Xerces-C++ version:  2.8.0
> platform:  cygwin
> OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
> compiler:  GCC/G++ version 3.4.4

Is it possible that your shell doesn't implement the $'...' construct?
Check 'man bash' on your system.

Dale

Re: build

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
mtworld@surrene.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build Xerces from the source and am getting these errors
> when I try to run runConfigure:
>
> $ ./runConfigure -p cygwin -c gcc -x g++
> ./runConfigure: line 22: $'\r': command not found
> ./runConfigure: line 43: $'\r': command not found
> ./runConfigure: line 44: syntax error near unexpected token `$'\r''
> '/runConfigure: line 44: `usage()

The \r is your clue that something is wrong.  You need to make sure the
line end format is consistent.  It looks like you installed Cygwin using
Unix-style linefeeds (LF), and your files have DOS-style line end pairs
(CR/LF).

You need the tar.gz version of the source, which has Unix-style linefeeds,
and not the .zip version.

Dave