Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Arthur Naseef <Ar...@Ticketmaster.com> on 2014/02/12 19:59:32 UTC

quotes in MBean names

Browsing MBeans from Kafka, I see quotes in the names.  Searching on the problem against the archives, I saw a comment indicating that a metrics library is adding the quotes.

I would like to try to resolve that issue.  If I manage to succeed, I will post a pull request or patch.

Looking through the code, it appears the MBeans are added through reporters registered via kafka.metrics.reporters on kafka.metrics.KafkaCSVMetricsReporter.  Is this right?

-art

Re: quotes in MBean names

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
The quotes are added by the metrics-core jar that Kafka uses.

Thanks,

Jun