Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2004/12/01 23:58:58 UTC

Re: [OT] SVN / Eclipse / Subclipse error [resolved]

Matt, thanks for the link.

(I'm using Eclipse 3.0.1 with Subclipse 0.9.22 which was installed via
Software Update)

As I read over that page and tried various things, nothing seemed to work.
I did try the link in IE, and yes, the accept certificate popped up, I did
what the page suggested, but it did not help with Subclipse.

As I was complaining about it to a co-conspirator (hey Bill!), I opened
Windows Explorer to the svn folder (I already had the command line SVN
working and had checked out /struts/core/trunk under
cygwin/home/jmitchell/svn) I noticed that the folder icons (tree mode) had
decorations on them.  With a right click on the trunk folder, I noticed the
TortoiseSVN menu was added to my normal right click menu.  Several days ago
(mostly out of frustration over Subclipse, I had installed TortoiseSVN).  So
I clicked update.  A second later I was presented with a Accept Server
Certificate form, which I "permanently" accepted.

Then, a little later (after lunch) for sh#ts and grins I retried Eclipse and
Voila!!  I seems to be working now.

So, now I'm playing with it.  I hope it is at least as user friendly as the
CVS integration.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.