Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1995/12/14 19:19:41 UTC

Number of Virtual Servers

Randy Terbush wrote:

> I discovered this morning when adding my 25th VirtualHost that
> the setrlimit feature was broken for SUNOS4 compiles. This
> must have happened awhile back when we changed the define in
> http_config.c to check for RLIMIT_NOFILE getting defined for
> the platforms that were including <sys/resource.h>.

Not related to patches at all, but how many fd's does SunOS4 allow
by default?

The reason I;m asking is because under A/UX we are limited to 128 file-
descriptors and we would like a feel for how many we can run before
we hit the wall. If you were able to run 24 virtuals with the same
number, I'd breathe a bit easier :)

Max so far has been 8.

--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   |           "Wind the frog!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |       - Woody (from Toy Story)