Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Cheng Wei Lee <zh...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 07:49:33 UTC

How to setup JAMES in corporate LAN to send internal emails only

I followed the quickstart wiki but just couldn't get JAMES to allow sending
emails to internal email addresses. It kept connecting out. I'm behind a
corporate proxy and firewall. I was able to get JAMES to work out of the box
in previous release. But after upgrading to 2.3.1, I can't get it to work.

Re: How to setup JAMES in corporate LAN to send internal emails only

Posted by Cheng Wei Lee <zh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply.

I'd installed it like in late 2006, and unfortunately I didn't document the
version I used. But I do remember that what I did at that time was simply to
install it as a service and it worked out of the box.

For now, after I install JAMES and try to use it for tools such as
continuum/archiva, I couldn't send emails to myself within the corporate.
I'm behind corporate firewall & proxy, do I need to tweak the settings
further?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.