Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2017/12/01 09:53:27 UTC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - December 2017

Hi Taverna,

In Dec 2016, the report said "Preparing to graduate." In 2017, the dev@
list has been quiet. The last release was in 2016.

While the PPMC is large, not everyone has been active in incubation.  I
am worried that pushing through graduation will only result in the same
situation as a TLP.

As a community, consider what is the best environment for Taverna.

	Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
 > Work, family and life tends to steal priorities

Too true!

 >    [ ] Community building
 >    [X] Nearing graduation

   [X] Community building
   [ ] Nearing graduation

Take any external expectation off.

The word "retiring" sounds a bit negative and is Apache-centric.  I
prefer something like "evolving". Maybe a chat-based community is what
you all prefer.  There's no harm in that, either for a while or long
term; it's not what Apache does.

"retiring" (or taking sabbatical) in incubation is better than as a TLP.
As a TLP, failing to get the board reports in each quarter would be
problematic and painful. It's looks to be easier to keep on using the
name the project does not go to TLP.

     Andy

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

--