Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by lude <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/01 22:56:19 UTC

Any experience with spring's lucene support?

Hello,

while starting a new project we are thinking about using the
spring-modules for working with lucene. See:
https://springmodules.dev.java.net/

Does anybody has experience with this higher level lucene API?
How does it compare to Compass?
(Dis-)Advantages of using spring-modules lucene support?

Thanks
lude

RE: Any experience with spring's lucene support?

Posted by Vladimir Olenin <VO...@cihi.ca>.
Haven't used them, but had a look at them some time ago. Seems like a
nice set of helper factory classes to manage Lucene engine through
Spring IoC. Can't do much wrong in here I guess... If you'd be using
Spring in your app, you'd have to come up with similar factories either
way, so probably it'd make sense to reuse the ones in springmodules. The
only 'non-factory' classes I noticed is 'DB indexing'. The only problem
(from my estimations) is that the DB Access layer is fixed to Spring SQL
classes (ie, you probably wouldn't be able to use iBatis or Hibernate
easily).

As to compass, probably these guys have similar Spring classes as well
as some other stuff. One person on the list used it (Compass) in
production environment and says he's quite happy with it.

But generally, it's probably worthwhile to go to SpringModules forum and
Compass forum accordingly for more info...

Vlad

Nobody here, who is using spring-modules?

Posted by lude <lu...@googlemail.com>.