Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jin Chul Kim <ji...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/06 01:57:05 UTC

build broken

Hi,

Currently Impala build is broken because the child change was merged
without the merge of the parent change.

(parent) https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/8760/: [security] Make the
kerberos principal configurable for Kudu servers

(child) https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/8761/: IMPALA-6256: Incorrect
principal will be used for internal connections if FLAGS_be_principal is set

A workaround: cherry-pick the parent change.

Best regards,
Jinchul

Re: build broken

Posted by Sailesh Mukil <sa...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> I wonder if the "Rebase always" merge strategy would help with this
> scenario:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/project-
> configuration.html#submit_type

"Rebase Always" seems like it would fix the above scenario. If the child
isn't merged, it wouldn't merge both the patches and it would fall back to
the client having to manually merge both the patches.

I recall doing a similar thing quite a while back (i.e. GVO-ing 2 patches
in one go), and the behavior was similar to "Rebase Always", so I had to
manually merge the patches after the GVO succeeded, which seems reasonable
as long as the GVO passes. Not sure if our gerrit settings changed at some
point.

> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Daniel Hecht <dh...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Sailesh, please keep that in mind with the ServicePool change -- you'll
> > need to explicitly merge part 1 first.

Yes, I'll make sure to do that. Thanks.

Re: build broken

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Re: build broken

Posted by Daniel Hecht <dh...@cloudera.com>.

Re: build broken

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Re: build broken

Posted by Sailesh Mukil <sa...@cloudera.com>.

Re: build broken

Posted by Michael Ho <kw...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> Thanks for investigating Jin Chul. I came to the same conclusion and merged
> the change.
>
> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Jin Chul Kim <ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently Impala build is broken because the child change was merged
> > without the merge of the parent change.
> >
> > (parent) https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/8760/: [security] Make the
> > kerberos principal configurable for Kudu servers
> >
> > (child) https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/8761/: IMPALA-6256: Incorrect
> > principal will be used for internal connections if FLAGS_be_principal is
> > set
> >
> > A workaround: cherry-pick the parent change.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jinchul

Michael

Re: build broken