Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Grant Sayer <gs...@hothouse.com.au> on 2002/08/05 07:13:40 UTC

JSTL & Websphere 3.5.3

Hi

The JSTL 1.0 release indicates that you must use a JSP1.2 compliant
container.  Websphere 3.5.3, the version i'm stuck with on this project,
only implements the JSP 1.1 spec.

Does anyone know if the getting just the DBTags section would still run with
JSP 1.1.  The version label on the site indicates 1.1

thanks in advance
grant
---
Grant Sayer
Hothouse Interactive http://www.hothouse.com.au
Ph +61-2-9906-4209

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former."  Einstein

Re: JSTL & Websphere 3.5.3

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Grant Sayer wrote:

> The JSTL 1.0 release indicates that you must use a JSP1.2 compliant
> container.  Websphere 3.5.3, the version i'm stuck with on this
> project, only implements the JSP 1.1 spec.
>
> Does anyone know if the getting just the DBTags section would still
> run with JSP 1.1.  The version label on the site indicates 1.1

DBTags is not part of JSTL; it is a custom offering of Jakarta Taglibs.
It will work on a JSP 1.1 container; JSTL's database tags (which are
different from DBTags) require JSP 1.2 like the rest of JSTL.

Hope that helps,

--
Shawn Bayern