Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Pietro Marrone <we...@oredelmondo.it> on 2005/08/30 11:23:51 UTC

Newsletter error: "450 too many recipients"

My newsletter works fine except for users having lobero as domain, (e.g.
user@libero.it)
For those user my newsletter is not delivered.

What I can do?

Regards

In the mailet log file I found the following entry:

30/08/05 02:02:04 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Temporary
exception delivering mail (Mail1125336824225-50-!566705-to-libero.it:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
    class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 450 too many recipients
;
[...]

    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.rcptTo(SMTPTransport.java:926)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:389)
    at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.deliver(RemoteDelivery.java:448)
    at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.RemoteDelivery.run(RemoteDelivery.java:912)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

30/08/05 02:02:04 INFO  James.Mailet: RemoteDelivery: Storing message
Mail1125336824225-50-!566705-to-libero.it into outgoing after 5 retries

Re: Newsletter error: "450 too many recipients"

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
As you can read from the error your message contains too many recipients.
Libero has rules to block messages with too much recipients.
Just send more messages with fewer recipients or write your own mailet that
split messages with too many recipients in many mails. If you want to do
this specifically per domain you will get best performance by changing the
RemoteDelivery mailet and writing your custom logic while storing the
message to the outgoing spool "spool.store(mail)". (You already can see
logic that splits the message per recipient domain, you just need to add a
check against the domain and a counter).

Stefano