Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Spear <sp...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/02 20:51:45 UTC

Where to go for feature requests?

Hi,

I am looking to make a feature request. This is not a user support query;
rather I am seeking to find out *where *to make the request below as it
pertains to an httpd module.

The purpose of this feature request is that I need to *grant local
users *access to
a resource, and also grant access for LDAP users in a certain ldap-group
while *denying other valid ldap users not members in that ldap-group*. We
can't add the local user to LDAP.

My workaround so far: I can "Require ldap-group somegroup" and "Require
user someuser" without issues, so I have done this for now. However
explicitly defining the users in both AuthUserFile (htpasswd for example)
and also in httpd.conf "Require user" lines is burdensome when there exists
a possibility to make this simpler.

This request primarily seeks the creation of "Require local-user" to
iterate the users listed in a local AuthUserFile without requiring they be
explicitly defined in both places. Require local-user would work similarly
to "Require valid-user" except that it will not allow valid LDAP users who
are not in the correct group.

Thank you,

Thomas