Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by IT_Architect <Ja...@LeadingEdgeITA.com> on 2009/05/04 19:45:31 UTC

Re: Event MPM Status

Takashi Sato-5 wrote:

> Event MPM has been Experimental for a long time.
> Is there any plan to mark as Productional MPM?
> Or any plan to drop it like Leader, Threadpool or Perchild?

There are a lot of people waiting for it.  The issue currently is not
stability, it's compatibility.  It does not work with mod_ssl nor
mod_rewrite, and many other critical modules.  These are show stoppers to
any wide-spread deployment.  nginx and others working in conjunction with
Apache have attempted to fill this role, but they have the same
show-stoppers as Event MPM, and when you implement their work-arounds, you
end up worse off than using straight pre-fork.  Other options use fast cgi,
which is dog slow compared to CLI.  A compatible Event MPM is sorely needed.

Re: Event MPM Status

Posted by IT_Architect <Ja...@LeadingEdgeITA.com>.

Paul Querna-6 wrote:
> Then the docs are outdatedBased on that, I'm going to give it shot.

Thanks!

Re: Event MPM Status

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
>>> it does work with mod_ssl now.  AFAIK it does work with mod_rewrite too,
>>> unless there is some issue I don't know about.

>>That would be great news.
>> The docs say:
>>
>> "At present, this MPM is incompatible with mod_ssl, and other input
>> filters."

> Then the docs are outdated

Unless I'm completely missing something, a statement about input
filters has nothing to do with compatibility with mod_rewrite.

(edits trying to compensate for unusual quoting caused by nabble)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Event MPM Status

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
Then the docs are outdated

Re: Event MPM Status

Posted by IT_Architect <Ja...@LeadingEdgeITA.com>.

Re: Event MPM Status

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM, IT_Architect