Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Andrew Kennedy <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 01:04:04 UTC

Re: OSGi version for Java?

Hi.

Full OSGi modularisation of the Qpid broker is one of the projects I
am working on. I want to allow the broker to be embedded in Equinox
or Felix etc. Watch this space for more details and timescales, but
it should be coming soon. Though, bear in mind it isn't officially
scheduled as part of any of the upcoming release versions - yet...

I do have an experimental build which I am testing that does some of
this already and I think it's an important feature.

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? do not fold, bend, spindle, or mutilate ;
-- http://grkvlt.blogspot.com/ ? edinburgh : +44 7582 293 255 ;

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: OSGi version for Java?

Posted by Pete Carapetyan <pe...@datafundamentals.com>.
Andrew:

I'd be happy to help if I could.

I just spent a bunch of time learning enough of ActiveMQ (my second choice)
to get it working in OSGi with a little help from Neil Bartlett.

If I could help with this process by sharing what little I know about OSGi
to date, please advise. Just experimenting with bndtools tomorrow for the
first time.

I am also new at messaging and unfamiliar with your build. So my
capabilities may be limited.