Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Gale <mi...@bluesuperman.com> on 2004/01/06 08:16:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Compiling modules only ?

Hello,

	This may be a dumb question but I can not find the answer anywhere. I
have build Apache 2.0.X with DSO enabled. It now turns out that I need
the mod_proxy for use mod_proxy_http.

Can I build that modules only and insert it ? If so how do I build a
modules only ?

Right now I am building apache with those mods and will not do a make
install. I will copy the modules over.

--
Hand over the Slackware CD's and back AWAY from the computer, your geek
rights have been revoked !!!

Michael Gale
Slackware user :)
Bluesuperman.com

Re: [users@httpd] Compiling modules only ?

Posted by Aaron W Morris <aa...@mindspring.com>.
Michael Gale wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	This may be a dumb question but I can not find the answer anywhere. I
> have build Apache 2.0.X with DSO enabled. It now turns out that I need
> the mod_proxy for use mod_proxy_http.
>
> Can I build that modules only and insert it ? If so how do I build a
> modules only ?
>
> Right now I am building apache with those mods and will not do a make
> install. I will copy the modules over.

I do not know of a way to compile the distributed modules separately,
but unless you are on a REALLY slow machine, it is going to take you
less than 15 minutes to do a full compile of apache with every module,
anyway.  I have done what you are doing several times for distros of
Apache that did not include certain modules....ie one version of IBM
HTTP Server did not include mod_vhost_alias and another did not include
mod_info.

--
Aaron W Morris <aa...@mindspring.com> (decep)