Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 15:31:36 UTC

Camel 2.14.4 and CXF 3.0.6

Hello All,
I am currently using Camel 2.14.4 for all of our deployments.  It uses CXF
version 3.0.5.  CXF 3.0.6 has a very nice feature in it which allows support
for legacy SSL connections:

With this feature, you can upgrade one server at a time from Java 6 to Java
8.  Otherwise if you upgrade a server, all your web service SSL clients in
java6 will be broken since SSLv2Hello is not allowed in CXF 3.0.5.

Of course the straight forward solution is to use Camel 2.15.x or even one
of the newer versions.  However, there are some conflicts with Spring
dropping OSGi support and this would require a migration to blueprint which
is not possible for our team right now.

Is it possible to use Camel 2.14.x in karaf with CXF 3.0.6?  Does anyone
have any pointers on how to do this?  Or will there be a maintenance release
on Camel 2.14.x that will do a minor version upgrade on CXF?

Thanks,
Yogesh

Re: Camel 2.14.4 and CXF 3.0.6

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Just try upgrade CXF yourself on karaf. That is possible on karaf.

Camel 2.14.x is not hardcoded to CXF 3.0.5. If you have 3.0.6
installed it will use that version.

For example you can install CXF 3.0.6 first before installing Camel
etc. There is also features for CXF from the Apache CXF project.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM, ychawla <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am currently using Camel 2.14.4 for all of our deployments.  It uses CXF
> version 3.0.5.  CXF 3.0.6 has a very nice feature in it which allows support
> for legacy SSL connections:

> With this feature, you can upgrade one server at a time from Java 6 to Java
> 8.  Otherwise if you upgrade a server, all your web service SSL clients in
> java6 will be broken since SSLv2Hello is not allowed in CXF 3.0.5.
>
> Of course the straight forward solution is to use Camel 2.15.x or even one
> of the newer versions.  However, there are some conflicts with Spring
> dropping OSGi support and this would require a migration to blueprint which
> is not possible for our team right now.
>
> Is it possible to use Camel 2.14.x in karaf with CXF 3.0.6?  Does anyone
> have any pointers on how to do this?  Or will there be a maintenance release
> on Camel 2.14.x that will do a minor version upgrade on CXF?
>
> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: Camel 2.14.4 and CXF 3.0.6

Posted by ychawla <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus,
I ran these commands:

feature:repo-add cxf 3.0.6
feature:install cxf

feature:repo-add camel 2.14.4
feature:install camel

It looks like CXF 3.0.6 is active although cxf 3.0.5 features are present
when I run feature:list | grep cxf in karaf 3.0.5.

I will do some further testing but this should get us where we need to be.

Thanks!

Re: Camel 2.14.4 and CXF 3.0.6

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
And no Camel 2.14.x is EOL. We support 2.16.x and 2.15.x currently.
And when 2.17 is out, then 2.15.x becomes EOL, and so forth.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM, ychawla <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am currently using Camel 2.14.4 for all of our deployments.  It uses CXF
> version 3.0.5.  CXF 3.0.6 has a very nice feature in it which allows support
> for legacy SSL connections:

> With this feature, you can upgrade one server at a time from Java 6 to Java
> 8.  Otherwise if you upgrade a server, all your web service SSL clients in
> java6 will be broken since SSLv2Hello is not allowed in CXF 3.0.5.
>
> Of course the straight forward solution is to use Camel 2.15.x or even one
> of the newer versions.  However, there are some conflicts with Spring
> dropping OSGi support and this would require a migration to blueprint which
> is not possible for our team right now.
>
> Is it possible to use Camel 2.14.x in karaf with CXF 3.0.6?  Does anyone
> have any pointers on how to do this?  Or will there be a maintenance release
> on Camel 2.14.x that will do a minor version upgrade on CXF?
>
> Thanks,
> Yogesh

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus