Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net> on 2005/04/20 18:07:05 UTC

Re: Can't do logout in basic authentication

You can try google:
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2001-August/012120.html

Otgonbayar wrote:

>I am using basic authentication in my application and I need to create
>logout link in my JSP that does LOGOUT.
>It seems session.invalidate() doesn't work.
>How can I do this? Please help me!
>Thanks
>Otgo

    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist
    iPOV
    (334) 821-5412
    www.ipov.net

Re: Can't do logout in basic authentication

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
P.S.  Freeing one's *session* on leaving works with any type of
authentication and makes sense in many cases -- it's just harder to
communicate this concept to the user...

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

Robert Harper wrote:

>If you read the docs on BASIC authentication, you will find that the browser
>caches the login information and will provide it every time you return to
>that site. The way to log out is to close the browser. Apparently this has
>been a problem for web developers for some time. Browser developers have not
>seen this as a problem. Instead they seem to feel that the caching is a
>benefit to the user by not requiring them to renter the same information.
>
>Robert S. Harper
>801.265.8800 ext. 255
>robert@iat-cti.com

    Robert r. Sanders