Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Otto Lang <ol...@wean.at> on 2005/09/16 19:50:44 UTC

Problems with %udat

Hello all,

I'm developing a new application using Embperl 2.0 final with the newest
perl-modules I could find (CGI.pm-3.11, ...). Everything works fine
unless
I try to access the %udat-hash.

 From ``base.html'' I'm calling an init-file with

[- Execute ('init.epl') -]

``init.epl'' looks like:

[-
$req = shift;
use lib ('/path/to/lib/');
use DBI;
use MyModule;

$req{dbh} = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=foo", "bar", "") or die
$DBI::errstr;
$req{baz} = MyModule->new();

$udat{active} = "test";
-]

When I comment out the $udat...-line, everything works fine. But when
I try
to set any value to %udat the browser gets no answer.

Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 gives no error but doesn't show anything.
Safari 2.0.1 says that there is a network-problem.
And Opera 8.02 comes up with an internal server error:

     Can't locate object method "TIESCALAR" via package "DBI::st"

The server runs under Debian Sarge with some manually installed perl-
modules.

Does anyone know the problem or can give me hints  where to look
further?

TIA

./otto

Re: Problems with %udat - solved

Posted by Otto Lang <ol...@wean.at>.
Hello all,

the error wasn't caused by any Apache::XXX module or similar. The
problem was PHP5.

On my development-server I installed some weeks ago PHP5. Since this
time I didn't
anything with Embperl and sessions. Now I commented out the PHP5-
directives in
httpd.conf and everything works fine.

./otto

Re: Problems with %udat

Posted by Otto Lang <ol...@wean.at>.
Am 16.09.2005 um 20:15 schrieb RobertCZ:

> Looks like session problem - Did you install and correctly
> confugured Apache::Session and Apache::SessionX (did 'make test'
> worked?) and configured Postgres as your session store (check your
> 'sessions' db)?

Yes, Apache:Session and Apache::SessionX are installed and configured
correctly. I tried Apache::SessionX
with MySQL, MySQLMySQL and Postgres. But the result is always the same.

When building the modules there were no errors. But when building
Apache::Session there were messages
like:

     t/99mysql ... skipped
              all skipped: no reason given

Could this cause the error when accessing %udat?

> - Robert

./otto

Re: Problems with %udat

Posted by RobertCZ <ro...@robert.cz>.